Tuesday, February 21, 2006

cherry dip

Last week I went to the Mountain Sun and tried their new Cherry Dip Stout. It's made in the same manner as their Belgian Dip Stout (with lots of milk and dark chocolate) except they also add a bunch of dried cherries to the mix. This beer was fantastic! It's on nitro tap so it is extra smooth. The chocolate makes the beer slightly sweet, but still slightly bitter. And the cherries add a very slight tartness to the beer. Amazing. I think this is my favorite beer I've ever tasted.

1 comment:

litespeed said...

The Mountain sun is in Boulder, CO on Pearl St. near 16th. It is one of the best breweries I've ever been to.

Nitro tap means that they use nitrogen gas to pressurize the beer rather than CO2. This give the beer smaller bubbles than CO2 does and a creamier head.