Wednesday, December 20, 2006

bonehead

I made a bonehead move last friday night. I was on my way home from work with my road bike on top of my car and I forgot it was on there and drove into my garage. I even remembered my bike was on top when I pulled into my parking lot, but by the time I reached my garage I had totally forgotten. The collision caused my bike rack's front bar to get knocked off of the car and twisted the bike rack's tray. The tray also got pushed into the roof of the car and scratched Kendra's car pretty bad. My bike fared pretty well, considering. The bike seat was broken off of its rails and my handlebars were a little scratched. That's all I've found so far. Hopefully there isn't any hidden structural damage to my frame. I was able to put the bike rack back onto the car and I think it will still work. There didn't appear to be any major damage to the car where the rack attaches. I felt like a huge bonehead and loser after this happened. However, Kendra got home shortly after this happened and reassured me that I wasn't a bonehead or a loser. She is wonderful. My bike is out of commission for a little while until I can get a new seat. Huge bummer. I guess I'll have to ride my mountain bike in the mean time. At least it's not as bad as it could have been.

1 comment:

Derrick said...

HAA-haa! (In my best Nelson Muntz voice...from The Simpsons for all of you amateur fans out there)