Friday, December 08, 2006

TV 'a la carte'?

This article in BusinessWeek talks about how many consumer groups want to see 'a la carte' cable programming available to consumers. If this became a reality, cable customers could purchase only the exact channels that they want to come into their household.



I think this is a great idea and should be implemented by the cable companies. I do not currently pay for any cable because I feel that most TV watching is a waste of my time and a cluttering of my time as well as being fairly expensive. There are a few things that I miss not being able to watch on TV in my house such as Football, Baseball, and Cycling. If cable channels were available 'a la carte' I think I would pay to recieve ESPN, Fox Sports, OLN, and possibly Fox, ABC, CBS, and UPN because they carry football and baseball, but I might decide to not get them because the rest of their content leaves much to be desired.



What do you think?





powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think your WIFE should get some say in what cable channels you pay to receive! i'm not so sure that she'd concur. ;-)