Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Post

As you know, I work for Ball Aerospace in Boulder, but recently that changed. I now work for Ball Aerospace in Broomfield. They just moved me down to their south campus! This move has both some benefits and some disadvantages.



Benefits: They moved our whole team down here and we are in one large room together so we can all talk to each other easily when we need help or input or just want to talk. I also enjoy the rubber band fights that ensue every now and then. My cubical is an upgrade from my last one (more desk space). There is a sweet cafeteria in Broomfield with cheap food (including breakfast burritos) and 50 cent coffee. The building is a lot newer and nicer and doesn't have asbestos in it like our old one. AND our new building has showers and lockers in the bathroom which is excellent for running and biking at lunch or biking to work. We also have a sweet filter for drinking water that also puts out HOT drinking water. And my awesome friend Derrick sits right next to me and we can talk through the cube partition and shoot rubberbands at each other off the ceiling tiles.



Disadvantages: Location (the drive takes about the same amount of time, but the distance is further so biking to work is a larger task). With this cubicle furniture I have to stare into the corner and face my back to the entrance. I also have a large structural post in the middle of my cube.



Since there is a large post in my cube, I think I should probably name it. Any suggestions?





powered by performancing firefox

3 comments:

Derrick said...

Mr. Postey...Post Master...Post Van Winkle...The Shaft...The Christmas Tower

Anonymous said...

oh BROTHER. you had to edit your boyfriend in, did you?

Ross said...

Let's call him im*post*er... get it? Ha... okay, that was lame. Hmmm, how about "your post-it post"?